Projekt:Kopplat Öppet Kulturarv 2016/Memorandum of Understanding Georgia
Memorandum of Understanding for the cooperation between Wikimedia Sverige and [Georgian Agency]
This Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Wikimedia Sverige and [Georgian Agency] outlines and clarifies the mutual expectations of collaboration between the two organizations. [Georgian Agency] aims to, in cooperation with Wikimedia Sverige, actively work for the publication of free [data on Wikidata / multimedia content on Wikimedia Commons], to make it possible to use the content in different contexts including on Wikipedia.
Wikimedia Sverige is a non-profit organisation based in Sweden working to ensure easy access to free knowledge for everyone. Wikimedia Sverige primarily does this through supporting the Wikimedia projects which are run by the non-profit organization Wikimedia Foundation. These include but are not limited to:
- Wikipedia: a multilingual, web-based encyclopedia with free, available content developed by its users.
- Wikimedia Commons: the database of free media providing films, sounds and images to all Wikimedia projects and the general public.
- Wikidata Open: the free knowledge base which serves the data used on all Wikimedia projects.
[Georgian Agency] is ... Varför [Georgian Agency] skulle vilja ..
Rolls and responsibility
To make the cooperation fruitful and successful, both parts need to cooperate and support each other in the entire process, and together share and communicate the results with the rest of the world.
- [Georgian Agency] are responsible for making multimedia content and metadata available under free license.
- Wikimedia Sverige is responsible for the technical parts.
- Wikimedia Sverige is responsible for support, e.g. in the form of informatory meetings and workshops.
- Both parts are collectively responsible for investigating the possibilities of developing new solutions for the usage of the shared information.
- Both parts are collectively responsible for continually examining the results of the work and communicate the projects and its values to relevant receivers.
- Both parts should, through their respective channels of communication, spread the knowledge of the project and its vision, purpose and goal.
Both parties wish to expand the depth and breadth of content on Wikipedia and its sister projects on Georgia. By working together, we can increase our impact on Wikipedia content.
The general goal is to ...