Volunteers during Wikimania in Hong Kong.
The success of Wikimania stands or falls on the work of the volunteers.
Do you want to take part in the preparations before Wikimania, contribute to the actual conference and make sure that everything runs smoothly, and have memories for life, a great network of amazing people and a great experience to put in your CV after the conference?
Sign up as a volunteer!
The possibilities as a volunteer are many, and you may contribute with what you can, when you can and in the manner you can. There's a possible task for everyone!
Being a volunteer does not automatically give you a scholarship or access to the conference. You can also be a volunteer without being in Stockholm for Wikimania in August.
Sign up with your user name below, and we will get back to you.
Do you want to get really involved with Wikimania? Do you plan to attend the conference, do you live in Stockholm, or want to do a lot of things remotely? Continuous volunteers can do a lot of things: they can be volunteer leaders in the volunteer community, they can make all those tasks that need planning on beforehand, etc.
- Ainali (diskussion) 28 december 2018 kl. 09.25 (CET) (I can do a few small things until June 30, then I can help a lot (and I'll be in Stockholm for the conference).
- --DarwIn (diskussion) 14 januari 2019 kl. 17.07 (CET)
Volunteer during the conference
Do you want to help out during Wikimania? At the check in desk, in the rooms, at the social activities, with safety and accessibility, or a lot of different other possibilities? Then, you should sign up to be a volunteer during the conference. Please note that signing up to be a volunteer during the conference does not mean funding to cover travel to Sweden and Stockholm.
Volunteer for one or a few tasks
Do you want to help out, but have limited time? Do you want to be involved, but on a smaller scale? Signing up to be a volunteer for one or a few tasks means that we can contact you when we need help with a specific task, but only if you have the time and possibilities.
- I'd love to help to enable remote attendance in any way possible. --Gnom (diskussion) 23 januari 2019 kl. 14.10 (CET)
- Oh, and I'd like to put together a WikiChoir or WikiOrchestra of some kind for the closing ceremony. --Gnom (diskussion) 23 januari 2019 kl. 23.52 (CET)
- Aaand we'll organise a WikiBus from Hamburg to Stockholm to cut travel costs and to avoid w:sv:Flygskam. We can offer to pick up any Danish Wikipedians who want to join us in Odense or Copenhagen. --Gnom (diskussion) 23 januari 2019 kl. 23.52 (CET)
You can also be a remote volunteer! A remote volunteer can help look after the Wiki pages, help out with graphics / text for social media, translate and do a lot of other things that do not require physical attendance, neither before nor during Wikimania.
- I can help, at least for translations in French, VIGNERON (diskussion) 14 januari 2019 kl. 21.42 (CET)
- Abhinav619 (diskussion) 24 december 2018 kl. 02.19 (CET)
- I will be around onwiki, creating translations for Finnish language, also probably attend on WM2019 too. Stryn (diskussion) 17 januari 2019 kl. 21.58 (CET)
The role of the ambassador is to spread the news about Wikimania before the conference, to contribute to momentum for the movement during the conference, and to disseminate the outcomes of the conference afterwards.
The ambassador will help communicate to local communities, provide updates on the planning process, spread the news on when to register and how for scholarships, how and why submit proposals for the program, etc. The ambassador can also give constructive input and ideas for the program and the overall event. Ambassadors can organize discussions at other conferences that take place prior to the Wikimania conference.
After the conference, ambassadors help disseminate the knowledge gained during the conference to their communities and actively participate in networks for continued engagement in concerned topics.
You can be a remote-only ambassador!
I want to become a Wikimania Ambassador!
- --DarwIn (diskussion) 14 januari 2019 kl. 17.08 (CET)
- -- Eugene233 (diskussion) 15 januari 2019 kl. 09.28 (CET)