This is the Chapters report for Wikimedia Sverige March 2013.
Overview of this quarter
- HIGHLIGHTS: Large edit-a-thon on fashion with 47 participants of which 64% women.
- WIKI-FOCUS: Mostly Wikipedia through workshops but also workshops on uploads and some image donations to Commons and Wikiversity for courses.
- GROWTH: 17 edit-a-thons/workshops/seminars held in March.
Progress toward this year's goals/objectives
|Key initiatives||Stated objectives of the initiative (include metrics)||Activities conducted||Progress against these objectives (include metrics and # of volunteers/staff involved)||What worked and what did not|
|Free knowledge in education||
|Free knowledge awareness||
Lessons from this month
- What were your in the past month, and how did you help to achieve movement goals?
Response: Starting on getting data from the municipalities on public art. It will lead to more accurate articles and serve as starting point for Wiki Loves Public Art which hopefully will see a similar effect as Wiki Loves Monuments had. To have supported the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences to employ the worlds ever first Wikipedian in Acadamy!
- What were your in the past month (e.g., programs that were not successful)?
Response: The program Reader participation is suffering now due to heavy work load in the other projects.
- What (organizational, environmental) enabled your success?
Response: Our very energetic staff is our greatest resource. We also moved to a new office this month which will make daily life more pleasant.
- What did you encounter and how did this affect what you were able to accomplish?
Response: We used to be in a co-located office space where a lot of services were included. The energy needed to be spent to get that infrastructure up and running was more than anticipated.
- What might you make in executing your initiatives into the next month?
Response: Our CEO started in late March so from April on some routines and procedures will be changed.
- Provide any other relevant information that may be helpful or relevant for the FDC (e.g., links to any media coverage, more detailed reports, more detailed financial information).
- We moved to a new office, Spotify kindly donated furniture.
- Annual meeting, minutes.
- Our new CEO started late in March, we are now five-full time employees and two part-time.
- 10 blog posts at Wikimedia Sverige's blog, the one about the Fashion edit-a-thon also in English. One blog post about the Fashion edit-a-thon by WMSE staff was also published on Openglam.org's blog.
- Swedish regional school libraries association added the Wikipedia course on Wikiversity to their list of available on-line courses.
- We have developed a tool for making it easier for us to keep track on workshop participants edits. We will start testing it to see if it is a good way to evaluate workshops and edit-a-thons.
Is your organization compliant with the terms outlined in the grant agreement?
- As required in the grant agreement, please report any deviations from your grant proposal here. Note that, among other things, any changes must be consistent with our WMF mission, must be for charitable purposes as defined in the grant agreement, and must otherwise comply with the grant agreement.
- No deviations has been made.
- Are you in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as outlined in the grant agreement? Please answer "Yes" or "No".
- Are you in compliance with provisions of the United States Internal Revenue Code (“Code”), and with relevant tax laws and regulations restricting the use of the Grant funds as outlined in the grant agreement? Please answer "Yes" or "No".
Once complete, please sign below with the usual four tildes.