Projekt:Gemenskapens projekt 2014/OKFestival
- Project Title
- OK Festival 2014
- Applied totals: max 14580 kronor
- Short description: Open Knowledge Festival is held annually in Berlin, this year during the period 15-17July. We will hold a session with other Open Knowledge participants and work on technical and project details of Nordic wise Open Knowledge projects. With this participation, we would like to inform people who are interested to Open Knowledge by our live blogs as well as do article contributions to Wikimedia and our platform blog.
- Detailed Description
Open Knowledge Festival is held annually in Berlin, this year during the period 15-17July. We will hold a session with other Open Knowledge participants and work on technical and project details of Nordic wise Open Knowledge projects. With this participation, we would like to inform people who are interested to Open Knowledge by our live blogs as well as do article contributions to Wikimedia and our platform blog. 3 people who are interested Open Knowledge and ambitious for content creation will be present and active during this conference to represent Sweden.
- Cost estimates:
- Participation Fee: 3 people attending 1350 sek each 1350 *3 = 4050
- Cost of food/travel inside the Berlin to/from OKFestival: 300 sek per day per person=300*3*3=2700sek
- T-shirts "I live/ blog / photograph for Wikipedia and “our organisation”" 2-3 x 110 = SEK 330 SEK
- Travel Cost: Flight/train 2500sek per per person =7500sek
- Place to stay: (we will use couchsurfing, staying at friend’s flat option to reduce the cost. flight /train tickets are not fixed price so anything left will be returned )
- What is the project objective
- Improve Open Knowledge information on Wikimedia and our platform website. Increase our collaboration and relationship.
- We’ll be discussing facilitating the flow of knowledge through tools, as well as building them at the festival. How does open tech work? Where’s it headed? How can we work together to improve tools.
- Disseminate information on Wikipedia, through our presence.
- Collect information that can improve Wikipedia's articles.
- Create new content for Wikimedia
- How do you improve, influence or support for the project free knowledge?
- Participants will contribute images to Wikimedia Commons which could be used by everyone.
- Through our presence we will disseminate information on Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons and advocate to write articles on wikimedia by talking to people we meet.
- We will contribute both for Swedish and English Wikimedia articles
- We will license our posts and pictures with a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. This is to make them available for Wikimedia's use.
- How will you measure success
- minimum of 3 participants
- 200 pictures / short videos on Commons
- Least 10 photographed / shortly interviewed people per day at our platform.
- Who is your target audience?
People Interested Open Knowledge/ Open Knowledge Projects politicians, and visitors OK Festival. Swedish Open Data enthusiasts and people who are curious.
- Do you need special tools, methods or aids?
Loan of equipment from Wikimedia Sweden if possible.
- You already get other support for your project or is it dependent on other support to be realized?
- What happens to your project after the promotion period?
We will upload photograph and videos and update our blog platform as well as add articles to Wikimedia Swedish and English pages.
- Do you already have experience in such projects?
We have team members actively participating to Almedalen 2014. Our aim there is to spread information about openknowledge and our team. These team members will create several blog contents We have experienced people in writing as well as we all work and support to promote Open Knowledge in Sweden