Projekt:Wikispeech – Talresursinsamlaren 2019/Project log
Hoppa till navigering Hoppa till sök
- This is intended to serve as a log over developments and decisions to make it easier to follow what is going on in the project. If you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch at andre.costawikimedia.se.
- Released version 0.1.7 of Wikispeech. Primarily internal changes in how Wikispeech works. You can test it on https://wikispeech.wmflabs.org.
- Released version 0.1.6 of Wikispeech. Primarily internal changes in how Speechoid and Wikispeech interact. You can test it on https://wikispeech.wmflabs.org.
- Listening to a page is no longer interrupted if another user edits the page.
- Released version 0.1.5 of Wikispeech. Highlights include better control of when Wikispeech is activated and an updated UI. You can test it on https://wikispeech.wmflabs.org.
- Speechoid is now versioned to make it easier to map compatibility with the extension.
- A new version of https://wikispeech.wmflabs.org is now up including up-to-date changes in Wikispeech and Speechoid.
- Speechoid has now been integrated in the Continuous Integration (CI) workflow. Final images are not being published but Speechoid, as deployed on https://wikispeech-tts-dev.wmflabs.org/ is now being built in the same way as CI will do in the future.
- Documentation on how to install Speechoid using the new Blubber build.
- Documentation on what is required to add new voices and languages to Speechoid.
- The report on the second phase of the project is published [Swedish]
- Check-in with LinguaLibre
- New Speechoid services deployed on https://wikispeech-tts-dev.wmflabs.org, built on Blubber
- Re-implementing Speechoid packaging to be done using Blubber
- PTS published a video about the project
- Initiating work on the march 2020 decision to store generated speech in Wikispeech extension
- Initiating work on converting Pronlex databases from SQLite to MySQL
- Received feedback that the proposed re-architecture of Pronlex will need to be modified to avoid the service-dependancy-loop
- Documented the re-architecturing decision needed to store the generated speech in the Wikispeech extension rather than the Speechoid services.
- Looking into how Pronlex can be re-architectured to avoid the service being stateful (See notes in Swedish)
- Check-in with Mozilla Voice
- The report on the first phase of the project is published [Swedish]
- On-boarded new developer User:Karl Wettin (WMSE)
- Analysed how to implement the Speech Data Collector (in Swedish). In particular if it should be a MediaWiki extension running on Wikipedia or a stand-alone tool. The conclusion was to implement it as a MediaWiki extension but to not require it to run on Wikipedia. That way it can either be used as a stand-alone tool (a separate wiki) or implemented directly on the wiki.
- Site visit took place at WMDE offices, in part focusing on requirments needed to bring Wikispeech to production. See notes here (in Swedish).
- Events prior to 2020 ar not included in the log