Verksamhetsplan 2019/Tabell över program, strategi och mål/en
< Verksamhetsplan 2019 | Tabell över program, strategi och mål(Omdirigerad från Verksamhetsplan 2019/en)Hoppa till navigering Hoppa till sök
This Operational plan for 2019 was decided on by the Board at the board meeting 2018-11-28.
|Access||The chapter shall increase the knowledge about free licenses and increase access to free resources.||A.1.1 Enrich the Wikimedia projects with 25 new resources, through the creation and distribution of materials and by providing support and performing batch uploads.|
|A.1.2 150 identified subject experts contribute to the Wikimedia projects with at least 1 productive edit each, through the dissemination of information, maintaining relationships or arranging thematic edit-a-thons.|
|A.1.3 Involve 10 courses in the Wikipedia Education Program, through educating motivated teachers and providing expertise on the Wikipedia tools for education.|
|The chapter shall promote the increased use of free licenses.||A.2.1 To increase the use of free licenses ensure that 50 organizations are reached with information on free licenses.|
|A.2.2 Work actively to nurture and develop the relevant networks and contacts with people who can influence license choice of material in order to safeguard the topicality of the issue. This is achieved, in addition to regular activities, through active participation in or the organization of at least 10 new events and at least 10 new direct contacts with content owners, organizations and politicians.|
|Use||The chapter shall promote high confidence in and increased use of the Wikimedia projects and free knowledge.||U.1.1 To inform the public about Wikimedia projects and free knowledge, good media relations are central. This is achieved through active work with press releases, op-eds, commentaries, newsletter and presence on social media. Based on the key figures identified as metrics by the office the measured media activities for November 2019 will increase by 10 % compared to November 2018.|
|U.1.2 To increase awareness of the usage and trust, clearer measurement methods for how the Wikimedia projects are used, in general and by specific user groups, will be developed during the year.|
|The chapter shall promote high usability of the Wikimedia projects.||U.2.1 To decrease the number of bugs in the software and increase clarity all identified and verified bugs shall be reported on Phabricator within one week of being encountered and critical system messages will be translated. The result is monitored annually.|
|U.2.2 In order to make content available for more people the Wikispeech extension shall be activated as a beta function on three language versions of Wikipedia before the end of the year, and supporting functionality/tools will be developed to add more languages.|
|Community||The chapter shall support active users with expertise and other resources.||C.1.1 To make work easier, support will be given, by the office, 365 times to at least 100 Wikimedians (or others who advocate for free knowledge) through expertise, financing or other resources.|
|C.1.2 To strengthen the community the chapter will support at least 75 recurring meet-ups for Wikimedians.|
|C.1.3 To facilitate the use of new technical solutions on Wikipedia, a project shall be carried out around implementation, based on the Community's needs and desires.|
|The chapter shall promote an inclusive climate and low barriers of entry for new users.||C.2 To increase participation from Wikimedia's underrepresented groups, targeted initiatives organized by the association shall result in one productive edit from 365 unique users belonging to one or more of those groups.|
|Enabling||The chapter shall be competent.||E.1 For the association to work competently the office staff shall be given the opportunity to develop their skills in relevant fields and the members of the board shall strive to develop their competences.|
|The chapter shall be transparent.||E.2 To strengthen the transparency of the organisation and offer insight to international Wikimedia movement the members of the board or office staff shall participate in at least 5 international Wikimedia events and on a monthly basis update international newsletters and key wikiportals etc.|
|The chapter shall strive for organizational stability.||E.3.1 To ensure organizational stability the chapter shall work towards broad and sustainable funding where no donor exceeds 50 %, a 100 % increase in membership from the 31 December previous year, increase volunteer involvement by 30 % compared to the total amount for the previous calendar year.|
|E.3.2 To ensure organizational stability the office shall actively work to increase the amount of overlapping competencies in business-critical areas.|
- The Wikimedia projects mean those platforms within the Wikimedia Family that are usually called sister projects of Wikipedia:
- Wikipedia The free encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Commons The free media database
- Wiktionary The free dictionary
- Wikisource The free library
- Wikibooks Free textbook collections
- Wikiquote The free quote compendium
- Wikivoyage The free travel guide
- Wikispecies The free species directory
- Wikiversity Free learning resources
- Wikidata The free database
- Meta-Wiki About the projects
- We also include translatewiki.net.
- Identification can be via user names systematically connected with the institution, special user templates showing the connection to an institution, registration in a Wikiproject, or possibly through personal knowledge etc.
- This include the Wikimedia projects, translatewiki.net and Wikimini, according to the principle that we train a pedagogue that are using the creation of content as a part of the pedagogical process.
- An organisational unit with self-governing power is included here; however, units that have been included previous years are not.
- Software which is considered is MediaWiki extensions in use on the Wikimedia project or on translatewiki.net. This is in accordance with the priority order: bugs, erroneous translations, untranslated.
- Swedish, English and Arabic language Wikipedia.
- We are counting occasions and Wikimedians as follows:
- Only activities outside of other project related goals count. I.e. a Bot Academy focusing on cultural heritage and as part of COH does not count, but an event focused on running bots but not related to a specific project count.
- Wikimedians and advocates for free knowledge who got support count, regardless of if they used the information or not. The important part is that they asked for help/resources. I.e. people contributing to FOSS-projects count.
- We count occasions as when someone got help from a WMSE staff member. I.e. a volunteer working for two weeks without contact does not count, but if they send an e-mail with questions after a week that counts as one occasion. Questions related to memberships, donations or administrative matters does not count towards the goals.
- With recurring meetups we are referring to some type of face-to-face meetings that are repeated over time.
- Underrepresented groups are here defined as:
- contributors to a language version other than the 10 largest Wikipedias (per 5+ editsp/month (3m avg) according to https://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/Sitemap.htm) or Swedish Wikipedia
- contributors who are 60 years or older
- such as the GLAM Newsletter and possibly the Education Newsletter.