Chaptermöte mars 2011
Wikimedia Sverige as presented in Berlin March 26
Below follows the content of the presentation of Wikimedia Sverige. The presentation was held in Berlin March 26 by user:Anna Bauer.
- Founded: 20 oktober 2007
- Official webpage The main page is in Swedish, please use the language navigation bar at the top of the page to see the English and other language versions.
- Contact: info(at)wikimedia.se
- Members: 234 (2010)
- Volunteers: 20? (2010)
- Media coverage (April 2010–March 2011):
- Media events (in Swedish)
- A lot of coverage in TV, radio and newspapers.
- 3 press releases, 2 about important image donations, 1 about Wikipedia 10 years.
- Full page op-ed article where it is advocated to release our cultural heritage under a free license.
- About 85 blogposts whereof 3 posts originated from external, invited guestbloggers. We've had about 10 000 visits.
- Twitter @WikimediaSE
- Webshop: t-shirts, brochures and flyers. 13533 visists.
- Media events (in Swedish)
Activities of last year (April 2010–March 2011)
The list of activities (list in Swedish) is color coded according to five types of activities:
Below follows examples from the list:
Wikipedia centered events
- Wikipedia Academy
- Wikipedia_Academy_2010 at the Royal Library in Stockholm. Sue Gardner among others presented.
- Wikipedia celebrates 10 years
- Various workshops and presentations for organisations.
Representation of Wikipedia on non-Wikipedia events
- As every last three years Wikimedia Sverige represented Wikipedia on Göteborg Book Fair – the biggest meeting place for the book trade in the Nordic countries. The first Fair was held in 1985 and had 5,000 visitors. Since then, it has grown year after year and in 2008 no fewer than 101,000 visits were registered during the four days.
- Nätverksträff för bibliotekarier Göteborgsområdet
- Digitalisera NU!
- Forum för det civila samhället – Dialogen och inflytandet
Internal organisation and development
- Wikimania Gdańsk, Wikimania 2010.
- Wikimedia Developers Workshop Berlin
- WMF Chapters Meeting Berlin
Photo-hunts and wiki-meetups
Activities to promote and bring about image donations
The Nordic Museum is the first Swedish museum to release part of its collections to Wikimedia Commons. In June a workshop on Creative Commons licensing of photo collections was arranged by Wikimedia Sverige together with the Nordic Museum and Stockholm City Museum. In August Wikimedia Sweden together with the Nordic museum could announce a cooperation: The Nordic Museum is the first Swedish museum to release part of its collections, roughly 1000 images, to Wikimedia Commons.
- Pressrelease 2010-11-23 (google translated from Swedish to English)
The Mary Rose Trust is the first(?) Brittish organization to gives an image donation to Wikimedia Commons. Peter Isotalo, a member of Wikimedia Sverige, has been a driving force behind the donation which has been blogged about by both Wikimedia UK and Wikimedia Sverige.
- Pressrelease 2010-01-03 (Wikimedia Sverige) (google translated from Swedish to English)
- Mary Rose Trust releases photographs onto Wikipedia (Wikimidia UK)
The Bonnier Group released 27 photos of Swedish authors. A first contact and presentation of free licenses resulted in a release of 27 photos of Swedish authors.
- Bonnier släpper loss (in Swedish)
In general we continue as before. Se List of planned activities 2011. Some notable things:
- We will not arrange a Wikipedia Academy but instead try out Wiki Loves Monuments.
- We received a grant from .SE to finance a Wikipedian to carry out the projekt "Internet in Sweden". When we received the grant we searched for a "doer" on the Village pump. [
- We are actively working to improve our donor and membership management. See CiviCRM request below:
CiviCRM cooperation to improve our donor and membership management
- CiviCRM cooperation to improve our donor and membership management. Add yourself to the CiviCRM interest list
- Media stories on Wikipedia very often focuses on weaknesses even though most stories are cautiosly optimistic.
- One example: A journalist in one of Swedens biggest newspapers claimed that WP is an experiment with facts after he was able to introduce false facts about himself. His methods and conclusions was challenged by our chairman Lennart Guldbrandsson in a Wikimedia Sverige blog reply. Other media followed up on the story. I would say it is not clear whether Wikipedia was harmed by or gained benefits by this affray.
- It is not easy to attract new users.