Overview of this month
The purpose of this section is to provide a brief overview of this report. Please use no more than 1-2 paragraphs to address the questions outlined below. You will have an opportunity to address these questions in detail elsewhere in this report.
CHANGES: Please describe how you changed your plans and budget based on the FDC allocation approved by the Board in December 2012, and your rationale for these changes. You can then use the changed plans and budget as the basis on which to report back on the last month.
- No changes made in August.
HIGHLIGHTS: What were 1–2 important highlights of the past month? (These may include successes, challenges, lessons learned.)
- Having 6 presentations/workshops in Wikimania.
- In August, as in July, several staff members had parts of their vacation, which made it a slower month than usual.
WIKI-FOCUS: What Wikimedia projects was your entity focused on (e.g., Wiki Commons, French Wiktionary) this month?
- Wikimedia Commons and Swedish Wikipedia.
GROWTH: How did your entity grow over the past month vs. the previous month (e.g., Number of active editors reached/involved/added, number of articles created, number of events held, number of partipants reached through workshops)?
- New users through chapter activities: 9
- Editors involved in chapter activities: 176
- Media uploaded helped by chapter resources: 127
- Media viewed: 1,616,303 views
- Persons engaged in workshops and seminars: 85
- Persons reached in presentations: 105
- Number of events held (edit-a-thons, workshops, seminars, presentations): 9
- New chapter members: 1
- Facebook page likes: +9 (736 in total)
Progress toward this year's goals/objectives
This section addresses the impact of the programs / initiatives* and objectives your entity has implemented over the past month and the progress your entity is making toward meeting this year's goals. We understand that some metrics may not be applicable in this monthly report, so please add metrics here if they are applicable.
*In the last round, the FDC used the term 'initiative', but this round, we are using the term 'program.'
Free knowledge in education
Free knowledge awareness
Lessons from this month
A key objective of the funding is to enable the movement as a whole to understand how to achieve shared goals better and faster. An important way of doing this is to identify lessons learned from entities who receive funds, and to share these lessons across the movement. The purpose of this section is to elicit some of these insights, which will be shared throughout the movement. Please answer the following questions in 1–2 paragraphs each.
What were your in the past month, and how did you help to achieve movement goals?
- Finding a volunteer who wants to dedicate 40% time to the Education Program.
- Drafting the program plan for the next year.
What were your in the past month (e.g., programs that were not successful)?
- No major setbacks in August.
What (organizational, environmental) enabled your success?
What did you encounter and how did this affect what you were able to accomplish?
- Nu surprises in August.
What might you make in executing your initiatives into the next month?
- The fact that the summer is over, schools are starting and we all are back from vacations means that the major change will be that we are up to full speed again.
Provide any other relevant information that may be helpful or relevant for the FDC (e.g., links to any media coverage, blog posts, more detailed reports, more detailed financial information).
- At Wikimania, the Executive Directors had a working meeting where our CEO attended.
- Our CEO joined a course in leadership training.
- Meeting for members to collect their views on the program plan for 2014.
- There was one regular board meeting (minutes in Swedish) and one board meeting with focus on strategy and program planning for 2014 (minutes in Swedish).
- We wrote 2 blog posts in August, one guest blog from the manager of Digital musuem at the Royal Armoury, Skokloster Castle and The Hallwyl Museum Foundation on why the collaborate with us (in short, it is as obvious as breathing to them): http://wikimediasverige.wordpress.com/2013/08/
- The Swedish National Heritage Board published a blog post about WLM and also on how to use one of our tools to create infoboxes in Wikipedia when writing about cultural heritage. .
- As always, our accounting is available at: https://www.wikimedia.se/en/wmse/audit/public
- Sample pictures from August.
Is your organization compliant with the terms outlined in the grant agreement?
As required in the grant agreement, please report any deviations from your grant proposal here. Note that, among other things, any changes must be consistent with our WMF mission, must be for charitable purposes as defined in the grant agreement, and must otherwise comply with the grant agreement.
Are you in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as outlined in the grant agreement? Please answer "Yes" or "No".
Are you in compliance with provisions of the United States Internal Revenue Code (“Code”), and with relevant tax laws and regulations restricting the use of the Grant funds as outlined in the grant agreement? Please answer "Yes" or "No".
- Once complete, please sign below with the usual four tildes.