- 1 Overview of this month
- 2 Progress toward this year's goals/objectives
- 3 Lessons learned
- 4 Additional information
- 5 Compliance
- 6 Signature
Overview of this month
The purpose of this section is to provide a brief overview of this report. Please use no more than 1-2 paragraphs to address the questions outlined below. You will have an opportunity to address these questions in detail elsewhere in this report.
CHANGES: Please describe how you changed your plans and budget based on the FDC allocation approved by the Board in December 2012, and your rationale for these changes. You can then use the changed plans and budget as the basis on which to report back on the last month.
- No changes were made.
HIGHLIGHTS: What were 1–2 important highlights of the past month? (These may include successes, challenges, lessons learned.)
- Joint board meeting between Wikimedia Sverige and Wikmedia Norge where experiences were shared and future cooperations discussed.
- Accreditation to the Royal wedding.
- Several edit-a-thons in the Europeana Awareness project.
WIKI-FOCUS: What Wikimedia projects was your entity focused on (e.g., Wiki Commons, French Wiktionary) this month?
- Wikipedia and Commons mostly, through the workshops and edit-a-thons.
GROWTH: How did your entity grow over the past month vs. the previous month (e.g., Number of active editors reached/involved/added, number of articles created, number of events held, number of partipants reached through workshops)?
- Editors involved in chapter activities: 70+
- Media uploaded: 884 files
- Persons engaged in workshops and seminars: 12
- New chapter members: 5
Swedish Wikipedia passed 1,000,000 articles 14 June which sparked a global communitys wide discussion on bot-generated articles.
Progress toward this year's goals/objectives
This section addresses the impact of the programs / initiatives* and objectives your entity has implemented over the past month and the progress your entity is making toward meeting this year's goals. We understand that some metrics may not be applicable in this monthly report, so please add metrics here if they are applicable.
*In the last round, the FDC used the term 'initiative', but this round, we are using the term 'program.'
Free knowledge in education
Free knowledge awareness
Lessons from this month
A key objective of the funding is to enable the movement as a whole to understand how to achieve shared goals better and faster. An important way of doing this is to identify lessons learned from entities who receive funds, and to share these lessons across the movement. The purpose of this section is to elicit some of these insights, which will be shared throughout the movement. Please answer the following questions in 1–2 paragraphs each.
What were your in the past month, and how did you help to achieve movement goals?
- The large number of edit-a-thons, increasing the quality on the content.
What were your in the past month (e.g., programs that were not successful)?
- No major setbacks in June.
What (organizational, environmental) enabled your success?
- Dedicated staff makes things work smoothly.
- Having an office made it very easy to organize several edit-a-thons in a short time span.
What did you encounter and how did this affect what you were able to accomplish?
- The fact that our Education manager leaves us to start working as Global education manager will partly affect our Wikipedia in Education program. Sophie has built a strong reputation among teachers and it will take some time to get up to speed on that. On the other hand, we will lower the intensity of the program, and planning for synergies with the projects Swedish for immigrants and Women on Wikipedia that really takes off in August.
What might you make in executing your initiatives into the next month?
- We have started on getting more volunteers involved in our projects. On each project page, there is a prominently displayed list of tasks suited for a volunter, (example) and all these are also aggregated to a long list.
- We are also looking deeper into measuring the impact. We are building a matrix to be able to track which goals each project are helping to complete.
Provide any other relevant information that may be helpful or relevant for the FDC (e.g., links to any media coverage, blog posts, more detailed reports, more detailed financial information).
- One board meeting were held, minutes available in Swedish.
- After the board meeting we had a picnic for members and the general community which was well attended.
- Our annual report were finally printed.
- We launched a survey to help us create a communications strategy and communications plan. It was sent out to all members and subscribers to our newsletter as well as announced on Facebook and Twitter. We will use the input to shape these.
- Two board members from Wikimedia Norge visited our board for a full day meeting where we shared our experiences from growing as a chapter and recruiting.
- Our intern Stefan who has been helping us with a lot of Administrative tasks ended his period sponsered by Arbetsförmedlingen (The Employment Agency) but will continue to volunteer at our office at 60%, coordinating Wiki Loves Monuments until the end of October.
- Our intern Eric's internship ended.
- We continue to improve our accounting module in CiviCRM. For the visitor, particular improvement of interest could be the summary and the possibility to see amounts per account, both in total and per costcenter.
- Sample pictures and movies from June.
Is your organization compliant with the terms outlined in the grant agreement?
As required in the grant agreement, please report any deviations from your grant proposal here. Note that, among other things, any changes must be consistent with our WMF mission, must be for charitable purposes as defined in the grant agreement, and must otherwise comply with the grant agreement.
Are you in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as outlined in the grant agreement? Please answer "Yes" or "No".
Are you in compliance with provisions of the United States Internal Revenue Code (“Code”), and with relevant tax laws and regulations restricting the use of the Grant funds as outlined in the grant agreement? Please answer "Yes" or "No".
- Once complete, please sign below with the usual four tildes.